Shimano Saragosa SW Spinning Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
- X-Ship: For efficient gear engagement, extended gear longevity, and increased castability
- X-Tough Drag: Cross carbon, waterproof, twin drag all models
- Water resistant with X-Shield and X-Protect, with body gasket seal, anti-rev bearing cover
- Paladin Gear durability enhancement and Propulsion line management system
- S A-RB Shielded ball bearings and graphite Rotor
- Aluminum frame, cold forged aluminum spool, and machined aluminum handle shank
- Super Stopper II Anti-Reverse and power roller III line roller
- Direct drive mechanism, and dyna balance
- Fluidrive II
- Waterproof drag
- Dartainium II drag washers
- Ergonomic handle grips
- Septon handle grips
- Approved for saltwater use
- For the money so far it cant be beat. From my experience with penns, cabos, and okumas, this is Shimano smooth, light, powerful.
- I'll let you know in a year if it holds up to the big snook, reds, and tarpon. But the true test is the BIG Jacks!!! If it stays solid I'll buy some more.
- Rid god construction, awesome drag system, water proof, great line capacity and SMOOTH.
- May be a little more expensive then some bargain reels ... but worth the money!
The first fish I caught was a 36 pound Cobia. I didnít realize what I had until I got it to the boat. My new Saragosa handled that hard fighting cobia like a champ!! I caught sharks, 30 pound bull reds and a quite a few red and gray snapper as well. I was extremely pleased with the performance of my Shimano Saragosa. Iíll be replacing two SW Penn reels with additional Saragosaís for future trips offshore!!
- Super smooth drag! Lightweight for its size.
- Great reel for the money. dont be afraid to put it to the test.
- Remember is not the shimano flagship but it get the job done.
- Great price for a fantastic reel. Shimano integrated some key features from high end Stella into the Saragossa, maintaining the price.
- Smooth, light weight, strong, with plenty of line capacity and drag. They will last for years and years of saltwater fishing fun.
- They are more expensive then some other reels but the Saragosa reels are worth the extra cost.
- Pricing vs Quality
- Powerful drag
- Powerful torque on fish
- Looks beautiful
- Doesn't have the rubber around the spool to seat braid, but that's a minor inconvenience
Like reels on the smaller compact size.
Going to purchase St. Croix MSWC76MHF Mojo Salt Conventional Rod, not sure which size Saragosa to pair. 6000 or 8000? I regularly fish Blues / Striper / Drum in NJ but would like to handle Tarpon / Snook / Grouper when I head to FL to visit the family. Also is this a good choice for both inshore/offshore fishing?
MSWS76MHF would be the equivalent to the conventional rod listed. The 6000 size would be best loaded with 40lb Power Pro Maxcuatro or a similar thinner than usual braid would give you the best pairing and allow you to do everything you are listing. Would make for a great setup. You could also pair it up with the 8000 if you need the additional line capacity or if you want to go with heavier line. It will still match up well with that rod.¬†
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!