Shimano SLX XT 150HG Baitcasting Reel
Equipped with Shimano's SVS Infinity braking system, the SLX XT marks the next level of progression in affordable high-performance baitcasting.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $100 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Line Capacity||Braided Line Capacity||Bearings||Max Drag||Weight||Price|
Built on Shimano's award winning SLX platform, the Shimano SLX XT Baitcasting Reels mark the next level of progression in affordable high-performance baitcasting. Featuring the same compact and strong Hagane Body and durable brass gears, the SLX XT ups the ante by providing enhanced customizable castability with Shimano's SVS Infinity Brake System. With SVS Infinity, a wider range of brake adjustments is possible utilizing only the outer dial, allowing for perfect casts and reduced backlashes with a wide variety of lures. The compact SLX XT palms exceptionally well while allowing the angler to pack on enough line for long casts. The body of the SLX XT is made entirely of highly rigid metals that produce a solid platform that both reduces weight and eliminates reel flexing when cranking on fish or pulling them out of heavy cover. By offering three different gear ratios in both left and right hand retrieve, anglers of all skill levels will find a reel that caters to their favorite techniques or individual fishing styles. For those looking for tournament level performance at a value that can't be beat, look no further than the SLX XT.
Shimano Technology Found in Shimano SLX XT Baitcasting Reels:
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to itís stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An anglerís actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. Itís efficiency through strength.
- Super Free Spool - SFS was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) - S3D Technology utilizes a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum spool to significantly reduce spool vibration and increase smoothness when casting and retrieving.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- Drag system
- Slightly more play in gears,.handle than say a Chronarch or Curado.
- Smooth casts and a great drag system!
- Small profile
- Light weight
- Can?t think of any
- Shimano Quality
- I love how you can open up side plate and easily change brake settings for casting. You can YouTube it and it will show you how and when to change brakes. For that reason alone I love this reel.
- Havent had any issues yet so no bad report.
- Nice to look at
- Feels rigid and sturdy
- Super smooth retrieve
- Smooth casting and retrieve
- Outstanding brake system
- Casting distance
- None really
- Castabilty, quality and price make this reel hard to beat
- Very light and casts a mile, even with light lures.
- non yet
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!