Shimano Spheros SW Offshore Spinning Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Max Drag||SA-RB Ball Bearings||Roller Bearings||Gear Ratio||Weight||Price|
My one gripe (and I've read this from other reviewers) is the lack of a line retainer clip. It just makes no sense to me that Shimano would not include this simple and convenient feature. I'd happily pay an extra $5-$10 (most likely would cost less than that for Shimano) to have it.
Everything else about this reel seems well made, and am glad I purchased it.
- Solid construction.
- Good (not too fast) gear ratio.
- No line retainer clip.
- Smoothness. Reliability. Good price for what you're getting.
- Zero flex under load.
This is a saragosa, with one less bearing that has no impact on power or durability. It’s the exact same reel as a gosa. The larger 20000 model has two fewer bearings than the gosa 20000/25000 so if you’re going for large BFT probably go with a gosa. But otherwise the spheros is the reel deal, can’t say enough good things. I have a lot of reels and this is my go to, because it actually feels more sturdy and solid than my gosa 6000. Not sure why, but buy the spheros, you won’t be disappointed.
- Great reel that isn't terribly expensive. Very durable on the beach.
- Smooth drag
- Nice power when reeling fish in
- Smooth, and stays that way as long as you don?t beat it to bad.
- Sealed well.
- Good line lay.
- Excellent even drag pressure on big fish.
- Overall great reel for the money.
- I had to put a little grease in mine when I got it but other than that none.
- solid ar clutch - smooth
- wobbles - 5k has very small spool for a 5k reel size. I would have gotten the 6k if I realized how small it was.
The Spheros sw reels are discontinued. They have been replaced by the the Spheros SW A 2021 models.
Is it original export version 2014 or a JDM (Japan Domestic Market) version of the Spheros SW that had lower grade gearing and lesser construction?
While trying to take off spool because of string around my bail, the gear mechanism bounced over board and I am having a hard time finding parts for this reel. Where can I get this particular part?
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!