Shimano STCI42500HGFB Stradic CI4 Plus Spinning Reel
|Inches Per Crank||Gear Ratio||Mono/Fluoro Line|
|PowerPro Line Capacity|
|Max Drag (lb)||Ball Bearings||Weight (oz)||Price|
|20||6 S A-RB+1RB||6.7||$229.99 USD|
Back and updated with some of Shimano’s newest technologies, the Shimano STCI42500HGFB Stradic CI4 Plus Spinning Reel delivers top-level performance in a lighter and more durable platform than ever before. By decreasing overall weight, adding the new lightweight MGL Rotor, and incorporating G-Free Body, the Shimano Stradic Ci4+ is the lightest and most comfortable Stradic ever made. Don’t let this reel’s light weight fool you however; the use of cold-forged Hagane Gearing, CoreProtect, and X-Ship technology ensures the Stradic Ci4+ is up to taking the abuse for years of dependable operation.
From Largemouth Bass and Walleye to Striped Bass and Snook, Shimano’s Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reels delivers all the features and power needed to tame a wide variety of freshwater and inshore species.
Shimano Technology Found In Stradic Ci4+ Reels :
- Aero Wrap II - Utilizing a patented worm gear design, this two-speed oscillation system lays the line onto the spool in a X pattern that reduces line-on-line friction and helps to increase casting distance.
- CoreProtect - The concept of CoreProtect is simple – to provide exceptional water resistance without creating any additional rotational resistance on the retrieve. The reel is treated at key areas such as the roller clutch, body, and line roller to resist water intrusion.
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- MGL Rotor - The Magnumlight Rotor is 25% lighter and allows for better balance and requires 22% less inertia, which makes it easier to start and stop the retrieve for a smoother feel.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- Super Stopper - Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing to eliminate back-play in the reel and provide the angler with instant power when setting the hook.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
This is something you might expect if you were using a freshwater reel in the salt or if it were one of Shimanos less expensive reel lines but @ $239 I expect more...
Iâ€™m also not the only one with the anti reverse issue either... I know 3 people who had to have their reels repaired for the same reason...
Shipped it back to Shimano and hope they can fix or make good on it..
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!