Tsunami TSSHD8000 Shield Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
The 8000 Shield reel contains 13 various internal seals at all of the locations where salt water could reasonably be expected to penetrate the reel for even greater protection in these larger reels. Hybrid all metal construction includes precision machined aircraft aluminum and tempered aluminum precision stampings and heavy duty protective anodizing to keep these reels operating up to factory specifications year after year. The combination of these top-notch designs and precisely mated components are what make the Tsunami Shield spinning reels an all new contender for your favorite reel for years to come!
Tsunami TSSHD8000 Shield Spinning Reel Features:
- 13 internal seals for water resistant protection
- Aluminum body
- Machined aluminum spool and rotor
- 4 sealed stainless steel bearing system
- Braid ready spool
- Carbon fiber drag system
- light. price.
- flex. drag seems to be affected by heat and cold.
- Power handle
- None yet
- Practically completely seal
- not the smoothest
It's a good entry level surf reel, but it's over rated, I'm much happier with my PENN Spinfisher.
- Very smooth, price, light, looks good, and has good line capacity.
- Cheap construction, not as sealed as marketed, ceases up and breaks easily.
I usually avoid Chinese-made products like the plague (no pun intended) but this is an example of a company that is right on top of the quality control at their Chinese manufacturer.
- Water-resistant seals
- All metal construction
- Soundness of overall design
- Handle is strong yet light with nice ergonomics
- Spool is braid-ready
- Spool is on the small side for a 3000
- Not as free-spinning and smooth as a Daiwa, but that's a function of the water-resistant design so this isn't really a con
- good price
- Sub par materials used
If anyone has both I'd like to know if the 8000 size is a stronger reel or just more capacity.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!