With the Weems & Plath SOS Distress Light w/ Day Signal Flag you will NEVER have to buy flares again! The C-1001 SOS Distress Light is the ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device spec'd to meet U.S. Coast Guard requirements to completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. This electronic flare never expires, unlike traditional flares, solving the challenge of flare disposal. The SOS LED light flashes for up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares that last mere minutes or less. Per USCG requirements, the unit flashes only the SOS sequence, and is visible for up to 10 nautical miles. When combined with the included daytime distress signal flag, it meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for both DAY and NIGHT use, in place of traditional flares. This electronic LED flare floats and can be hand-held, hoisted aloft, or tethered. Runs off of just 3 standard C batteries.
Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for ''Night Visual Distress Signals'' as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013.
Weems & Plath C-1001 SOS Distress Light Features:
- Waterproof & submersible
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- Floats lens-up in order to optimize all-around vertical and horizontal light beams
- Boat and family safe ? no flame!
- No toxic chemical compounds or burning waste
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Simple twist-on operation
- Can be operated unattended
- Easy to test regularly
- Battery-powered (3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A
- Complies w/ U.S. Coast Guard Requirements: 46 CFR 161.013.