Accurate Boss Fury 2-Speed Left Hand Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $100 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Inches Per Crank||Weight|
|Mono Line Capacity|
|Spectra Line Capacity|
- Smooth bearings, good balanced retrieve ratio, comfortable handle
- None as of now
First they had to be available in left hand wind.
Second they absolutely had to have a silent retrieve (clicker off of course) as I can't tolerate the clicking retrieve sound on a jigging reel. The clicking retrieve is okay on bigger reels but not a reel I intend to use for jigging.
Third they had to be 2 speed reels, big and strong enough to get the job done.
Fourth they had to be at a budget I could afford to buy two at once for the trip.
The Accurate FX2-600NLGS meets all my requirements in spades. It turns out all their models are available in left hand versions.
Before I made the purchase I looked into several makes and models and couldn't find i single brand other than Accurate that meets all my requirements. I could find 2 speed reels that had a quite retrieve but not left hand wind. I could find reels that were available in left hand but no silent retrieve. In short Accurate was the only choice I could find that met my needs.
I'm very glad it turned out that way and both my son and I love the reels. Now that I am aware that everything model the make including big ATD reels can be had in left hand retrieve I'll be buying nothing but Accurate for bigger reels. I won't be giving up my JDM Shimano Ocea Jigger reels for the light work as they are all stellar reels and all that I own or would ever own are silent and left hand retrieve. They just don't make an Ocea Jigger big enough for the heavier work so it's Accurate forever for me on larger reels. I'll be wanting a left hand wind ATD-50-LH next and then perhaps a Dauntless in left hand retrieve.
I can justify the costs of these as I will only be buying one of each for myself instead of the need to get two at once as my Accurate FX2-600NLGS purchase was. Besides that I get points to use later.
- These reels are available in left hand retrieve. They have a super quite retrieve. Two speeds so when you need the torque, it's there with a push of the button.
- They are well made, more than ample drag and affordable. Actually the Fury series is very affordable. As best as I could find online there isn't anything else available in their size class at near this price range if you want a two speed reel that has a quite retrieve and available in left hand.
- I have no cons whatsoever for this reel.
- It's well built, well finished and budget priced but for the sake of my tranquility it has a silent retrieve which was the main deal maker for me to buy a pair for jigging reels.
- At the current price point I can't think of a con I have noticed yet.
- Strong, smooth and relatively small.
- 2 speed mechanism seems a bit vulnerable, but no problems yet. Time will tell.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!