Featuring a rugged construction and extraordinary fish stopping power, the Accurate Tern 2 Star Drag Conventional Reels implement new technologies that take star drag reel performance to new heights. The Tern 2 is built around a lightweight yet highly rigid 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum frame for maximum strength and durability. Internally, the Tern 2 features stainless steel gears for strong, smooth cranking power that holds up over time. A patent pending main gear bearing support system helps to maintain smoothness and increase torque under heavy loads. Most impressive of all, Accurate's TwinStarDrag Technology provides incredibly smooth drag payout and an exceptionally strong maximum drag pressure. This technology works by placing disc washers and friction plates on both sides of the main gear, applying pressure evenly on both sides. With TwinStarDrag, the Tern 2 can effectively put the brakes on anything from hard fighting reef fish to pelagic heavyweights. Not just designed for just bottom fishing, the Tern 2 features Accurate's Xtreme Casting Technology for increased casting distances with fewer backlashes. Spool tension can even be adjusted with the handle-side dial to fine tune casting performance with a wide variety of weights and lures.
- TwinStarDrag Technology (TSD) for a smooth, powerful drag.
- Accurate Xtreme Casting Technology (XCT) for ease of casting, increased distances, and few backlashes.
- Accurate CVX Technology for lightweight and strong construction.
- Patent pending Main Gear Bearing Support (MBS) for smoother, stronger operation.
- Stainless steel gears for strong cranking power.
- 6 Abec 5 Bearings
- Made of 6061 T6 Aircraft Aluminum
- Side spool tension adjustment for fine tuning of spool for better casting.
- Made in the U.S.A.