Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Length||Loop Dia. (in)||Price|
|4 ft||Approx. 18''||$124.95 USD|
The AFTCO Tailer helps you bring a boated fish under control quickly and safely, is the ideal way to control fish while you measure them for legal size, and can be a big help in lifting fish as heavy as 100 pounds into the boat. When used on a fish that is to be released, the Tailer is more effective than a lip gaff, and it minimizes injury to the fish. Featuring a wide loop of springy stainless steel aircraft cable, the Tailer slips easily over the tail of your fish, and with a quick upward pull, closes instantly and snugly. With its tail out of the water, the fishs movements are strictly limited, so it becomes much easier to tag and release the fish, or to lift it into the boat. A swivel built into the cable allows you to better handle fish that roll and twist, which sharks frequently do.
The AFTCO Tailer is four feet long with an aluminum shaft anodized a rich gold for lasting beauty and resistance to corrosion. Two soft but rugged black grips are molded from the same non-slip material found on fine rods. The 1/4-inch aircraft cable is also highly resistant to corrosion, and the smaller cable, which actually closes around the tail, is plastic coated to protect the fish.
An $8.00 oversize packaging charge applies to this item as it ships in a long heavy duty tube to protect your items. This fee will still apply when discount shipping coupons are used.
- Springy 1/4" Stainless Steel Aircraft Cable Dia. Of Open LoopIs Approx. 18"
- Built-In Swivel keeps you in control, even when your fish rolls and twists.
- Stainless steel cable that closes around fish tail is plastic coated to protect fish.
- 4-foot aluminum handle is anodized in rich gold. Tapered for speed and accuracy in handling.
- Soft, ruggednon-slip grips.
- Strong and fastens on fish's tail firmly & quiclky
- Should be some devise mounted on it's end to secure with a rope in case it drops in a water
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!