American Fishing Wire 49-Strand K600C-4 Camo
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|300||Camo||600||273||.072||1.83||14F8, 11T||$183.99 USD|
- 175 pounds is optimal to rig large lures for toothy critters when you don't want to lose expensive hard lures.
- Virtually corrosion-free.
- "Soft" for its diameter and easy to loop and crimp.
- Cheap investment to save a 50 to 90 dollar lure.
- Not a significantly different hook-up rate than heavy (250-300 pound) mono.
- As with using any wire (stranded or single strand) some fish are just naturally leader shy. You'll get more hookups with equivalent diameter mono but you WILL lose a lot of expensive tackle. I'd rather use the wire than not.
- very flexible, auufordable and very hard to kink, meaning it have to be bend in a extreme sharp angle to leave any kinks in the leader, while being very soft what helps to give an livebait more movement.
- the first con is that it's only made out of AISI304/1.4301 grade stainless steel, like pretty much all cable sold for fishing purposes, what makes it corrode pretty easily in saltwater, meaning it will show significant corrosion within days, to avoid this minimum AISI316/1.4401 had to be used, what would take weeks of permanent contact to O2 rich saltwater before corroding, what's way longer than the lifespan of fishing leaders. nonetheless it's perfect for fishing in freshwater where it won't corrode at all.
- another note, have nothing to do with the exact product: big sharks can bite/chew through 49 strand pretty easily, at least in fishable strengts, 10.000lb would be pretty safe but extremly thick as well. another thing, if you use crimps, they should be changed every day cause this spot will corrode way faster and is not visible, only in saltware as well.
- Easy to work with vs 1 strand
- Grate material
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!