Aftco Taper-Tip Flying Gaff Handle
The slim, tapered shape of AFTCO's Tapper-Tip Flying Gaffs slice through water faster and with greater accuracy to minimize the problems of gaffing powerful fish. The shafts are made from corrosion-resistant marine aluminum and they are "swaged" for uniform strength from end to end, but with no unnecessary weight. The hook seats in a tough plastic insert fitted to the gaff tip, and is held in place by a length of 20-lb. test line tied to the steel post affixed to the shaft. When a fish is gaffed, this line snaps, providing a clean and immediate release.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $100 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Handle Length||OD Tube at Butt||Width of Hook Throat||Color||Price|
|Flying Gaff Handle|
|6 ft.||1 3/8 in.||n/a||Gold||$184.95 USD|
***Gaff hook is sold seperately***
- A machined aluminum gimbal at the butt of the shaft secures the attachment rope.
- The plastic insert in the tip, prevents water from seeping into the shaft.
- Shafts are 6 foot long, with 1-3/8 inch butt diameters fitted with two black non-slip grips.
- Anodized with a rich Gold finish for beauty and resistance to corrosion
- This gaff floats.
- I wish the base of handle was small enough to fit in a standard rod holder but will not.
This is just the hande, the hooks are sold separately
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!