Lowrance HOOK2-4x Fishfinders w/ Bullet Skimmer Transducer
Proven broadband sounder technology matched with a widescreen high-resolution display!
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: SWORD50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|HOOK2-4x 4in Fishfinder w/ Bullet Skimmer Transducer||$99.99 USD|
|HOOK2-4x 4in GPS Fishfinder w/ Track Plotter & Bullet Skimmer Transducer||$119.99 USD|
The world's easiest fishfinder, the Lowrance HOOK2 4x Bullet offers simple menus, easy access to key functions and Autotuning sonar. Powered by proven Lowrance performance, HOOK2 4x features wide-angle, Broadband sonar coverage. Just plug it in and fish. Yes, it's that easy.
- 4-inch SolarMAX Screen - Get crisp and clear views of fish and fish-holding structure with the excellent clarity and daylight visibility of a high-resolution SolarMAX display.
- Automated sonar settings - You will spend more time fishing and less time dialing in your sonar with HOOK2 Autotuning sonar. Just plug it in and fish. It doesn't get any easier.
- Easiest-to-use menu operation and Dedicated Keypad - Make the adjustments you want with fewer key presses via a simplified menu layout and dedicated keypad.
- Lowrance Wide-Angle Broadband sonar - Proven Lowrance Broadband sonar makes it easier to stay on the fish, delivering the best traditional sonar views.
- Easy front-dash or quick-release bracket mounting installation - Pick the best installation option for your boat from simple flush-mount and quick-release-bracket installation options.
- Display: 4in (101.6mm)
- Resolution: 480 x 272
- Backlighting: LED
- Power Output: TBD
- Operating Frequency: 200 kHz,
- Operating Voltage: 10.4-17 VDC (min-max)
- Warranty: One year
- Depth Alarm: Yes
- Shallow Alarm: Yes
- Temperature Readings: Yes
- Transducer Type: Bullet Skimmer
- Display Type: WVGA color TFT LCD
- Backlighting Levels: Adjustable Screen And Keypad
- Waterproof Standard/rating: IPx7
- Product Width: 6.51" / 165.3 mm
- Product Depth: 3.31" / 84 mm
- Product Height: 3.80" / 96.5 mm
- Power Supply (Supply Voltage): 12 vDC (10-17 vDC min-max)
Firstly the unit arrives in demo mode. After I had fitted mine it stayed in demo mode even on the water. I played with every setting but couldnt get it to work. I assumed I must have fitted the sensor with some air bubbles underneath and in frustration ripped it out. When I got home and did some googling i I discovered that in the settings mode thetab to turn off demo mode is at the bottom of the menu off the screen so you have to scroll below the bottom of the screen to find it- very frustrating,
Secondly the unit in auto alters the depth range automatically to fill the screen. The problem is that if you are paddling or motoring and causing surface disturbance and bubbles the unit thinks the surface chatter is the bottom and sets range to 10â€™. then it cant find the bottom and scrolls through 20â€™, 40â€™ etc before losing the bottom again and reverting to 10â€™. This is what is causing the series of vertical lines with short sections of meaningless display in between. The solution is to select custom mode from the menu ( which counterintuitively is selcted by oressing the on button!) and set the range manually to whatever is appropriate for the current depth. I suspect that more careful placement of the transducer might eliminate this problem in larger displacement boats.
Simple to install and setup.
A little lite on instructions but let be honest, who reads the manual until there is a problem?
From all that I read I expected it to have a simple GPS in the system but it must be well hidden as I have yet to find it.
But again who cares I have a high grade GPS on the boat and don't need the one that I thought would be on the hook.
I can travel at 25 knots and still get great bottom readings and depth numbers on the display.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!