Okuma RA-S-1002MH Rockaway Surf Spinning Rod
Our Price $89.99
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Type||Length||Weight||Power/Taper||Line Weight||Lure Weight||Price|
|Rockaway Surf Spinning Rod||Spinning||10'0''|
|9.2 oz.||MH / M||12 -25 lbs.||1 - 4 oz.||Reg Price $104.99Our Price $89.99|
Okuma Rockaway Surf Spinning Rods Features:
- Durable and responsive 24-ton carbon blank construction
- XQ series angled Sea Guide 316-Stainless steel frames
- Tapered shrink tube grips for non-slip surface
- UFR-II: Unidirectional Fiber Reinforced rod tip
- Zirconium inserts offer compatibility for braid and mono
- Rounded EVA butt cap for improved casting leverage
- 24-ton carbon rod blank construction
- As for the rod, it is very light and fun to cast. The quality is superb. I bought it for surfcasting bucktails out on the Gulf, along Galveston beaches. With the Okuma 6000 reel and this rod, you wont find a lighter surf rig. This rig appears to be a great set-up for bank fishing in Texas rivers and lakes--it's not an over-kill and you can make a lot of cast without developing arm fatigue.
- I've never had such a light pole, and of course, the doubt, because it is so light, whether this rod can bring in a 15-20 pound fish is there. But, I paired it with a Okuma Long Cast 6000 reel, and it should be able to hand the stress.
- However, I should have bought the Okuma HD 10' 6". That extra six inches may just give me an extra 10 feet in terms of distance. No a problem as Christmas is around the corner.
- Light weight, durable and great price
- Weight, durability, casting distance, craftsmanship
- Light, thin, strong, plenty of back bone, very sensitive, great for 5/8 and 3/4oz bucktails on the 3/4-3, to 3 and bait for the 1-4
- None yet
To find a 12ft rod that handles 1-4oz this well is hard to find, let alone in this price point. I have had 0 wind knots as well. I recommend this rod, just go to the store, put it in your hands an you'll know how well it feels and casts. The sweet spot is 1-3 oz lures. However, this can cast 1/2 oz spoons incredibly far.
- Casts Far
- Rivals higher priced rods
- Really light
- Good price
- Snapped within the first week
- Not recommended for lures more than 1 1/2 ounce on MH models although it rated well over that.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!