Penn Fathom II Star Drag Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Weight|
- Full metal body/sideplates
- Machine cut marine grade bronze main gear with hardened stainless steel pinion
- Live spindle with free floating spool
- 6 shielded stainless steel ball bearing system
- Instant anti-reverse bearing
- Fast gear access sideplate
- VERY SMOOTH AND EASY TO LEARN .
- SOME MAY FEELTHE MAG KNOB TO BE IN THE WAY ITS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME.
- Solid and well built. This is both class and quality. There was a definite learning curve for me but between the mags and the spool tensioning I quickly got to 100yds consistency with no over runs. I can chunk medium Saltys hooked in the head 100yds with a 2oz sinker and hatteras cast. I do use a really nice 12? rod. I found one that?s not overly bulky yet strong and flexible. Oh and I love this clicker. It?s loud and very metallic.
- I have no cons on the reel. The cons are my own. Experimenting with different lines, rigs and techniques. As I said I went directly from spinning reels to this conventional. I took some time choosing this specific reel over others. I have I think wasted money matching a rod to this reel. On the fourth try I was able to find what I wanted. I have a 10 footer it works well on and I have a 12 footer it works really well on. I fish with it nearly every weekend and I practice my casting during the week. I use baits with it not lures. I think this is not meant for lures. But I?m just not a lure fisherman. I?m a bank fisherman in lakes and rivers.
- Rarely in stock
- Smooth casting
Which of the models have the grey spool? Some pictures have it, are they just the PG models?
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!