Boasting a long list of premium features that make it THE casting reel of choice for Shimano?s professional bass anglers, the Shimano Metanium METMGL151XG offers feel and performance that puts it at the top of it?s class. Fans of the original Metanium will love the addition of Magnumlite Spool, which creates a very low moment of inertia and increases casting distance by up to 20%. When it comes to braking, SVS Infinity Braking is employed in Metanium MGL to allow the angler to quickly adjust brakes ?on the fly? based on changing lures or conditions. Silent Tune Technology is also present, which significantly reduces bearing noise for a new level of silence and smoothness during the retrieve. Available in 3 different gear ratios from 6.2 to 8.5:1, the Shimano Metanium MGL provides the user with top-tier performance for a variety of species and techniques.
Shimano Technology Found In Metanium MGL Reels :
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it?s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler?s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It?s efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- Silent Tune - By applying slight pressure to the bearing supporting the spool, Silent Tune reduces spool vibration during the cast which results in quieter casting and smoother spool rotation with less play.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.