Shimano SPC3000HGSW Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $200 with Code: TD200 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Line Capacity||Braided Line Capacity||Bearings||Max Drag||Weight||Price|
Packed full of proprietary Shimano technologies to help you dominate the most challenging environments, the Shimano Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reels set a new standard for affordable saltwater spinning reels. The Spheros SW is driven by Shimano's cold forged Hagane Gear that provides incredible strength and durability while the rigid Hagane Body keeps the gears and internal components in perfect alignment, preserving prime rotational operability for many seasons to come. Cranking power is enhanced with the use of Shimano's X-Ship bearing supported pinion gear technology, while the Cross Carbon Drag system gives the reel the drag pressure necessary to put the brakes on bull reds, and big striped bass. Treated with a CoreProtect water resistant coating at key areas to prevent water intrusion, the Spheros SW is prepped to withstand the punishment of unforgiving saltwater environments for multiple seasons to come.
Shimano Technology Found in Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reels :
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- CoreProtect - The concept of CoreProtect is simple – to provide exceptional water resistance without creating any additional rotational resistance on the retrieve. The reel is treated at key areas such as the roller clutch, body, and line roller to resist water intrusion.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
I've yet to hook onto anything on this reel but casting and retrieving live up to the name, Shimano. Makes me wonder if I should get a 3k reel...
The Spheros inshore 4k has more braid capacity, is the same weight and has more drag than the 4k Stradic FK. These are great reels and feel identical to my Stradic 4k. This is a no brainer reel.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!