Shimano Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: DEEP50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Line Capacity||Braided Line Capacity||Bearings||Max Drag||Weight||Price|
Packed full of proprietary Shimano technologies to help you dominate the most challenging environments, the Shimano Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reels set a new standard for affordable saltwater spinning reels. The Spheros SW is driven by Shimano's cold forged Hagane Gear that provides incredible strength and durability while the rigid Hagane Body keeps the gears and internal components in perfect alignment, preserving prime rotational operability for many seasons to come. Cranking power is enhanced with the use of Shimano's X-Ship bearing supported pinion gear technology, while the Cross Carbon Drag system gives the reel the drag pressure necessary to put the brakes on bull reds, and big striped bass. Treated with a CoreProtect water resistant coating at key areas to prevent water intrusion, the Spheros SW is prepped to withstand the punishment of unforgiving saltwater environments for multiple seasons to come.
Shimano Technology Found in Spheros SW Inshore Spinning Reels :
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- CoreProtect - The concept of CoreProtect is simple – to provide exceptional water resistance without creating any additional rotational resistance on the retrieve. The reel is treated at key areas such as the roller clutch, body, and line roller to resist water intrusion.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
SPC3000HGSW is the smallest and lightest ("C" stands for compact body) and compares in size to stradic C3000fk.
SP3000XGSW is one of the first shimano reels in US market that shares body with 4000 but it has a rotor, spool, and handle from smaller C3000. Japanese market has a lot of shimano models with this setup. Because of this it is slightly heavier than c3000 but lighter than 4000. Because of larger body and smaller rotor it also has more clearance for your knuckles, so if you have a shimano 2500 or C3000 size shimano reel and the rotor touches your knuckles as it spins then SP3000XGSW may fix that problem for you, in fact it has slightly more knuckle clearance than 4000 and C5000 size shimano reels.
SP4000XGHG is very similar in size to most shimano reels in that size. I could be wrong but I think that if you need more line capacity then the spool from Nasci C5000 may fit on SP4000XGHG
I've yet to hook onto anything on this reel but casting and retrieving live up to the name, Shimano. Makes me wonder if I should get a 3k reel...
The Spheros inshore 4k has more braid capacity, is the same weight and has more drag than the 4k Stradic FK. These are great reels and feel identical to my Stradic 4k. This is a no brainer reel.
I would recommend this Spheros SW over the Penn Battle DX, the only advantage the Penn will give you is more line capacity, but provides less drag, and is an overall heavier weighted reel
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!