Shimano Vanford Spinning Reels
ICAST 2020 Best Freshwater Reel Winner!
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: DEEP50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Bearings||Mono Capacity|
Born from Shimano's long cultivation of advanced engineering and design, the Shimano Vanford Spinning Reels are here to test the boundaries of spinning reel technology. Aiming to be the ultimate lightweight, precision spinning reel, the Vanford is built on the renowned CI4+ body and is equipped with a MagnumLite (MGL) Rotor to provide a feather-light feel with dependable rigidity. By having 48% less rotational inertia than traditionally constructed rotors, the MGL Rotor allows for extremely responsive operability in critical situations. The Vanford features Shimano's cold forged HAGANE Gear with MicroModule II Technology for an exceptionally smooth retrieve that remains so throughout the life of the reel. Borrowing features like SilentDrive from flagship level reels like the Stella FJ, the Vanford offers and extremely fine-tuned, low tolerance feel that makes any fishing experience that much more enjoyable. Anglers can expect line management that is second to none thanks to the Long Stroke Spool that allows for a more efficient line lay, resulting in smoother, longer casts. To protect this precision fishing machine from the elements, the X-Protect water-repellent coating and water-channeling construction solidify the Vanford as approved for saltwater inshore environments. With a size range that covers applications ranging from ultra-light and ice fishing to freshwater bass and inshore flats fishing, the Vanford leaves little to be desired for even the most discerning tackle enthusiast.
Shimano Technology Found In Vanford Spinning Reels:
- CI4+ Body - An enhanced version of the original CI4 material, this highly technical carbon material is 2.5 times stiffer than the original and is used to create weight savings on the reel.
- MGL Rotor - The Magnumlight Rotor is 25% lighter and allows for better balance and requires 22% less inertia, which makes it easier to start and stop the retrieve for a smoother feel.
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- Micro Module II Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- SilentDrive - A long list of fine-tuned internal micro adjustments and enhancements that reduce any handle play and noise from moving parts.
- X-Protect - By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.
- G-Free Body - G-Free Body technology enables the reel’s center of gravity to be moved closer to the center of the reel seat, and therefore the anglers hand position. This shift in weight and balance helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- Long Stroke Spool - By increasing the height of the spool, the line is able to be laid on the spool without the spool having to fully oscillate as frequently. This results in the line having to change direction while coming off the spool fewer times during a cast, resulting is less turbulence going through the guides for a smoother and longer cast.
- Propulsion Line Management System - The most obvious component of this system is the Propulsion spool lip design, which has been proven through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations to provide longer casts while preventing backlashes and wind knots.
- Aero Wrap II - Utilizing a patented worm gear design, this two-speed oscillation system lays the line onto the spool in a X pattern that reduces line-on-line friction and helps to increase casting distance.
- Cross Carbon Drag (C3000-C5000) - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Water-Resistant Drag - With the use of rubber gaskets the drag is sealed against intrusion of the elements such as water and dust.
- One-Piece Bail - One-Piece Bail allows the line to travel unimpeded to the line roller. Its seamless design reduces friction and the change of tangles or cuts to the bail arm.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
Will be buying another C2000HGF.
I would say the 3000 size would be ideal for any inshore fishing application.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!