Sea Striker CH18 Heavy Duty Hand Crimper
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $200 with Code: TD200 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Professional Heavy Duty Hand Crimper|
- Crimps from 1.0mm to 4.2mm with ease
- Length: 16 inches; weight: 4.2 lbs.
- Non-slip grips
- Crimping head has five fixed positions
- Easy adjustment and good leverage action
|HOLE NO.||HOLE SIZE||SLEEVE SIZE|
|1/32||2.5mm||1.0mm - 1.5mm|
|3/64||3.5mm||1.5mm - 2.0mm|
|1/16||4.6mm||2.0mm - 2.2mm|
|3/32||6.1mm||3.0mm - 3.5mm|
|1/8||8.0mm||3.5mm - 4.2mm|
1. the crimp holes are out of alignment by about 1/128 inch. The right jaw is slightly lower than the left. The misalignment extends from the tip of the jaws down to where the compounding assembly is press fitted into the handle. The press fit has a corresponding gap in the left handle which explains the mismatch. This is non-adjustable.
2. The casting of the upgraded jaws is fair at best. There are 4 prominent voids (the largest is 1/4 inch wide and 1/32 inch deep) where the cast was not filled with molten metal, or that metal separated upon extraction from the mould. Again, ok for a low-budget tool but not for what is sold as the top-of-the-line crimper.
3. The stop point on the compounding assembly is asymetrical to an large degree. The touch point is not a flat surface as pictured,but merely a small point on the right jaw. This will flatten with usage and throw off the geomety of future crimps. This is also non-adjustable.xs
The tool was manufactured and assembled in China with a lack of attention to detail. The tool in its present state cannot execute a clean crimp. If the die were altered to cutters it could easily slice through a large bolt, but that has no value when performing the task for which the tool is being sold.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!