Standard Horizon GX1600B Explorer Ultra Compact Class D VHF
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: SWORD50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Descriptions||DSC Class||Waterproof||Weather Alert||Price|
|Explorer Ultra Compact VHF Radio||Class D||Yes||Yes||$179.99 USD|
|Download Standard Horizon Rebate Form (pdf, 52 KB)|
The Standard Horizon GX1600B Explorer Ultra Compact Class D VHF has an ultra thin and compact rear case, only 3.5'' in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios on the market. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options.
The GX1600 has been designed to meet the NEW ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC regulations with a dedicated channel 70 receiver that continuously watches for DSC calls. The GX1600S has the ability to accept a RAM3 Remote Access Microphone allowing full control of all radio and DSC functions from a second station. Additional features include, oversized full dot matrix display, user selectable Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan, user changeable channel names, NOAA weather with alert, dedicated preset channel and a dedicated CH16/9 keys and 3 programmable soft keys. The microphone also has dedicated 16/9 and H/L keys, channel selection keys and uses ClearVoice noise reduction technology which reduces wind and engine noise when transmitting.
Another unique feature of the GX1600 is the ability to ''poll'' (request and send) the GPS location of another vessel and show that vessel's position on the radio's display. Connecting a compatible GPS chart plotter will allow the GX1600 to repeat your position, SOG, COG and time on the full dot matrix display. The GX1600 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
- Ultra thin and compact rear case design (3.5'' depth)
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling) with Individual, All ship, Position Report, Request and Distress
- Navigation to a DSC Distress Call with compass page
- Automatically poll the GPS position of up to 4 ships using DSC
- Enter, Save, and Navigation to waypoint with Compass page
- GPS Compass display
- Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92') for 30 minutes
- Noise canceling microphone with channel UP/DOWN, 16/9 and H/L keys
- NOAA weather channel selection with alert
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual Watch
- GPS repeating of position, SOG, COG and time
- Customizable channel names
- Oversized dot matrix display
- NMEA Input and Output
- Programmable soft keys
- Capable of connecting to a Second Station CMP30 Remote Access Microphone
- Die-cast chassis
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!