Tsunami TSAWESS 882M Airwave Elite Surf Spinning Rod
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
Airwave Elite Surf Rods Feature:
- High density, high fiber blank construction offers , light weight, increased sensitivity and faster shock recovery
- Fuji reel seats and Fuji Concept K series braided line ready guides
- Light durable diamond textured shrink vinyl grips
- 70/30 split ferrule rod
- Light, casts great
- A little soft/whippy (on the 8?8? model) but not bad
I throw a lot of swimbaits at the Cape Cod Canal, which cast terribly ..... This rod gets the most out of them ......
Also casting metals into the wind on the beach, this rod outperforms my Century for distance ...... lighter lure scale, a little looser ......
I also have a 11'4" I use on the Canal for jigging heavy 5/6oz, in heavy current .... Very stiff to get the jig off the bottom and can turn big fish in heavy current .....
For me, the very best value in surf rods ....... sub $200.00 .......
- two piece for easy transport and storage, light weight for casting all day, reactive to small and large fish.
- none yet
- affordable, lightweight
- out of stock now
After fishing with the rod over the weekend I really enjoyed the feel of it. It casts very smooth, has nice action for a wide range of lures. I threw bucktails, darters, poppers, bottle plugs, etc and it felt nice and responsive for all. The light weight and smooth feel of the rod was very comfortable when casting for hours.
The only time I felt a little under powered was when the wind really kicked up from the incoming storm and I had a 30 knot wind running down the beach. Other than that I really enjoyed it.
- Lightweight, responsive and smooth action.
- Under powered in heavy conditions.
- Butt end of the rod could be a little thicker, may have to build that up with another layer of tape.
- Price, size, line weight class, well balanced.
- Overall build quality
- Some rod butts are just a little too long. However, I just cut them to the perfect length and re-butt.
- lite weight
- none so far
It is 16 1/2" from the butt to the reel seat.
The 5000 and 6000 Shield reels contain 13 various internal seals at all of the locations where salt water could reasonably be expected to penetrate the reel for even greater protection in these larger reels. Hybrid all metal construction includes precision machined aircraft aluminum and tempered aluminum precision stampings and heavy duty protective anodizing to keep these reels operating up to factory specifications year after year. The combination of these top-notch designs and precisely mated components are what make the Tsunami Shield spinning reels an all new contender for your favorite reel for years to come!
Tsunami TSSHD5000 Shield Spinning Reel Features:
- 10-13 internal seals for water resistant protection
- Aluminum body
- Machined aluminum spool, rotor, side plate cover, and handle arm
- 5 sealed stainless steel bearing system
- Braid ready spool
- Carbon fiber drag system
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!