40 years after the release of the original Shimano Bantam, a reel that changed the landscape of baitcasting equipment, Shimano is aiming to do it again with the Shimano Bantam MGL. Building on decades of expertise and innovation in casting reels, Shimano has incorporated all of their top-tier technology along with some new tech to create a reel like nothing seen before. The Shimano Bantam MGL sets a new bar for rigidity and strength, made possible by the use of Core Solid Body. Core Solid Body integrates the B-Side Plate, levelwind guard, and frame into one solid piece. This never-before-seen design virtually eliminates all stress and flex in the frame which delivers a round reel feel with the comfort and ergonomics of a low profile casting reel.
Extending the list of exclusive technology that makes the feature-rich Bantam MGL so attractive is the Magnumlite, or MGL Spool. This cast-enhancing spool from Shimano require less energy to begin spinning which translates directly into longer casts and improved performance when throwing lighter lures. SilentTune is also employed in the Bantam MGL, which reduces spool bearing vibration for quieter, smoother spool rotation. These features along with easy to use SVS Infinity Braking, Stable Spool Design (S3D), Super Free Spool, and buttery-smooth MicroModule Gearing all combine to give the angler a package that will provide years of high performance and dependable operation.
The Shimano Bantam MGL is currently available in both left and right-hand models as well as three different gear rations from 6.2 to 8:1.1 for whatever application or lure type you choose.
Shimano Technology Found In Bantam MGL Reels :
- Core Solid Body - Core Solid Body combines the side Plate, levelwind guard, and frame into one solid piece. This is the first of it?s design in a low-profile baitcasting reel and eliminates frame flex, which provides an unprecedented feeling of rigidity and sensitivity.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it?s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler?s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It?s efficiency through strength.
- MGL Spool - Lightweight spool design significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing the angler to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wide variety of lures.
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano?s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing?s rotation.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) - S3D Technology utilizes a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum spool to significantly reduce spool vibration and increase smoothness when casting and retrieving.
- Silent Tune - By applying slight pressure to the bearing supporting the spool, Silent Tune reduces spool vibration during the cast which results in quieter casting and smoother spool rotation with less play.
- Super Free Spool - SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.