Daiwa Ballistic LT Spinning Reels
These Magsealed reels boast Daiwa's Zaion Housing LT Concept, and a Machined A7075 Aircraft Grade Aluminum DigiGear.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Size||Gear Ratio||Line Per Handle Turn||Mono Line Capacity|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||11lb||5.8oz||$229.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||22lb||6.3oz||$229.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||22lb||6.3oz||$229.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||22lb||6.5oz||$229.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||26lb||7.9oz||$229.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||26lb||8.1oz||$249.99 USD|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||26lb||11.1oz||$249.99 USD|
The Daiwa Ballistic LT Spinning reels were designed to provide anglers with a stronger, more powerful spinning reel in the lightest and most compact package possible. The Ballistic LT embodies Daiwa's LT design concept of Light but Tough with a feather-light yet rigid Zaion housing. At the heart of the reel is a machined Aluminum Alloy DIGIGEAR designed for smoothness, strength and durability. The main shaft utilizes Daiwa's proprietary Magseal technology, which prevents water and debris intrusion. The reel is long-casting and extremely smooth employing a 7 Bearing System. With models ranging from 1000 to 6000 size the Ballistic LT spinning reels are designed for a wide range of applications incorporating many different techniques in both fresh and saltwater. The Ballistic LT series of reels is a prime example of Daiwa’s commitment to the LT Concept of modern spinning reel design, smaller, lighter yet stronger.
Daiwa Technology Found In Ballistic LT Spinning Reels :
- LT Concept - The LT family of reels boast a smaller, lighter, more compact body which is paired with a larger DigiGear for the ultimate combination of Light and Tough.
- DigiGear - The all-new DigiGear is precision machine cut and polished. This results in unmatched efficiency, better transfer of energy, and maximum smoothness.
- MagSeal - MagSeal is the process of using MagOil, a special liquid developed through space engineering, to create a water and dust resistant barrier. Unlike rubber seals, MagOil will not effect the rotational performance of a reel. This creates a seal that allows the reel to maintain a light and smooth rotation for optimal performance.
- Air Rotor - The Air Rotor weighs up to 15% less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings - Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings boast a lifespan up to 12 times longer than traditional stainless steel bearings.
- Light, smooth, not that expensive
Great value for such a light 6k reel
- One of the lightest 6k reels available
- Good value
- None so far
Also have a Shimano CI4 which is also a great real. Perhaps this reel is slightly smoother if that is possible, and does have a stronger drag although for how I use them this is not an issue.
- Small and very light
- Silky Smooth
- Casts for distance and with accuracy
- Smooth and reliable drag
- For many applications The Daiwa Fuego can match this real at a much lower price, although a clearly heavier.
- Well sealed, super smooth, hard drag, and looks great
- A little pricey
I live on Long Island and have put this reel on my 9'2" custom Lami hoping to catch a few 25 to 30 pound stripes.
After hooking into my first 10 pound blue , the reel started squeaking as if it had no answer to the impact of the fight.( my Lami performed flawlessly)
Im kinda bummed because this real is light and smooth yet i feel cant handle the bigger saltwater fish.
I am gonna take it for service and keep you guys posted,
Hopefully I got the only lemon in the bunch and the rest are as flawless as the reviews say.
I wish also they came with a beefier handle in the 6000 sized model.
Thanks for letting me state my opinion.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND SMOOTH
- NOT AS STRONG AS ADVERTISED.
- IN FACT PRETTY WHIMPY
- Great dependable drag , lightweight and magseel
- Superior to competitors
- Magseal makes you send it to Daiwa for it to be serviced.
- Lite and solid
- 4000 is smaller the bg 4000
- lightweight/ mag sealed
Daiwa Spool 2500 Diameter: 45mmÂ
Handle Diameter 1000:Â .75"
Handle Diameter 2500: .80"
Both are really nice reels and fairly similar spec wise, you can not go wrong with either.Â For what you are looking to target, the Shimano Vanford 3000 would be the recommended reel, since you are targeting fish in moving water.Â The Vanford 3000 has a faster retrieval rate and higher gear ratio.Â Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
That would depend on the length of the rod you are looking to pair it with.Â For the Daiwa Ballistic 2500 reel a 6'6" to 7'6" rod would pair best.Â If you are looking to use an 8' or 9' rod, then the Ballistic 4000 would pair best.Â Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!