With the latest and greatest of Daiwa engineering all in one form, the Daiwa 2023 Saltiga Spinning Reels are a great addition to the already impressive Saltiga lineup, providing additional sizes for the more inshore and light offshore orientated angler. Its heavy-duty build class packs considerable strength, power and torque, truly allowing an angler to put the brakes on the hardest fighting nearshore species. Daiwa was able to further refine this top of line spinning reel with their Airdrive design, something recently released with their Exist G, however was tweaked for the 2023 Saltiga due to its intended heavier saltwater use. An aluminum Airdrive rotor provides the effortless startup and stop inertia of the reel, giving the angler back more control and the ability to react instantly to bites. It’s Airdive bail design was carefully designed for each model of reel to reduce the weight of the rotor without loss of strength and capability. An Airdrive shaft creates a non-contact structure between the mainshaft and pinion gear as well as supporting the pinion gear with bearings on either side to more efficiently transmit the crank power from the handle to the rotor. This design enhances its capabilities for increased torque and power, all while preserving its expected silky-smooth retrieve and sound.
Like its bigger brother, the 2023 Saltiga utilizes a a Monocoque one-piece body concept, allowing a much bigger drive gear to be housed. Its one-piece body eliminates many of the screws needed for the traditional multi-piece body design, giving greater internal body space for its gearing. A machine-cut Tough Digigear made from G1 Duraluminum has an increased strength by 130%, supporting its heavy duty saltwater use. Protecting the reel from the harsh enviorments, Daiwa implemented their Magseal technology, protecting the gearing and bearings within the reel body to maintain the overall rotational performance of the reel just as it was out of the box. For the angler looking for top-tier level performance from their gear to take on their local or destination worthy nearshore species, look to the 2023 Saltiga to make make one industry level standard for seasons to come.
Daiwa Technology Found In 2023 Saltiga Spinning Reels:
- Monocoque Body - Monocoque Body refers to the use of a one-piece frame and reel body. A single piece body allows for exceptional strength and rigidity, better spatial efficiency for housing larger gears, improved water resistance with the absence of screws, and significant weight reduction.
- Airdrive Rotor - gives control back to the angler, allowing the reel to perform exactly as intended by lowering the inertia required to both start & stop winding rotation. By showcasing an easy winding sensation, Airdrive Rotor allows the angler to react quickly and instantly to bites, especially on slack line.
- Airdrive Bail - To enhance its position for power & strength, 6000 size Saltiga is equipped with 3.0mm tubular Airdrive Bail. To support the reduced weight of the rotor and maintain the sensitivity, 4000 & 5000 Saltiga is equipped with 2.4mm bail. Carefully crafted for each size, a reduced wire diameter is realised whilst maintaining the strength anglers are used to with Daiwa's Air Bail.
- Airdrive Shaft - Produces a non-contact structure between the mainshaft and the pinion gear. In addition to this, both ends of pinion gear are now supported with bearings to transmit the crank power from the handle to the rotor with a higher level of efficiency. By adding high quality collars to the mainshaft, rotational noise has been reduced significantly.
- ATD Drag - The Advanced Tournament Drag system uses a new proprietary grease that enables the reel to apply smooth and consistent start up drag pressure from the first pull, eliminating the stop and go pulling of drag that can result in broken lines and lost fish.
- MagSeal - MagSeal is the process of using MagOil, a special liquid developed through space engineering, to create a water and dust resistant barrier. Unlike rubber seals, MagOil will not effect the rotational performance of a reel. This creates a seal that allows the reel to maintain a light and smooth rotation for optimal performance.
- DigiGear - The all-new DigiGear is precision machine cut and polished. This results in unmatched efficiency, better transfer of energy, and maximum smoothness.
- Air Rotor - The Air Rotor weighs up to 15% less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings - Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings boast a lifespan up to 12 times longer than traditional stainless steel bearings.