Gliss Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line - Yellow - 150 yd.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|GL Y-150 8 lb.|
|Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line||Yellow||8 lb.||150 yd.||$14.99 USD|
|GL Y-150 12 lb.|
|Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line||Yellow||12 lb.||150 yd.||$14.99 USD|
|GL Y-150 18 lb.|
|Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line||Yellow||18 lb.||150 yd.||Reg Price $14.99Our Price $8.99|
|GL Y-150 24 lb.|
|Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line||Yellow||24 lb.||150 yd.||$14.99 USD|
|GL Y-150 40 lb.|
|Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line||Yellow||40 lb.||150 yd.||$14.99 USD|
This 150 yd. Spool of Gliss Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line in Yellow color is a part of a new fourth form of fishing line produced using a breakthrough extrusion process of high modulus polyethylene fibers. Gliss line features qualities of both braid and monofilament. Gliss has zero stretch and the lowest diameter to breaking strength of any line (.010 diameter Gliss equals 4kg/8lb strength.)
Pro Anglers in both Europe and North America have been extremely impressed with Gliss Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line, praising its incredible sensitivity, superior castability, and zero line twist.
Gliss Supersmooth Monotex Fishing Line Features:
- Multiple superior performance characteristics to braid, monofilament, and fluorocarbon line
- Zero line twist for more manageable spinning reel applications
- Zero stretch provides ultimate sensitivity
- Soft form provides increased castability and distance
- Thin & Slick composition allows incredible casting distance
- Thinner than braid with comparable strength for superior management
- Surprising casting distance
- No braid shriek when reeling in
- Put twice the line on the same spool
- Much less line drag when trolling due to thinner diameter
- Same sensitivity as with any braid - no stretch
- These remarks are not actual cons but are intended for professional whiners?.
- No stretch??soft mouth fish will tear themselves loose where mono would have finessed them in.
- Not abrasion proof
- Need to change out the line twice a season
- Old reliable mono knots may not work. It may be too much trouble for some to learn new ways.
- It is much like dental floss and is definitely harder to tie in the wind, using old eyes and sausage fingers.
- Super thin. Super strong. Super sensitive. Extremely manageable. Easy casting. Outcasts ALL other lines by at least 30%. Affordable.
- Frays with heavy use/abuse. Requires certain knots. Escapes some hook eye gaps. So thin, it will cut you.
- Breaks almost immediately. Can't even hold 5 lbs without breaking with 18 lb line.
- smaller diameter means more line on the reel
- small diameter makes seeing the line when tying knots a little bit difficult (if you have bad eyes)
- Smooth, silent, casting distance, and strength. I thought braid was the only way to go until Gliss became available.
- None so far.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!