Shimano Stella SWB Saltwater Spinning Reels
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Capacity|
- X-Tough Drag, with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of Blue-Fin Tuna and Giant Tuna
- X-SHIP enhances power transmission through the gear. This results in increased cranking power with extremely smooth feel
- X-Shield and X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions
- The Power Aluminum Body, X-Rigid Rotor, X-Rigid Body and X-Rigid Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity & eliminate loss of power caused by reel flex
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller IV Oversized Roller with Overflange for the Ultimate in Line Protection, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Septon Handle Grip - On models 10,000 and up
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Approved for saltwater use & Rated for use with PowerPro, Fluorocarbon and Mono lines
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement with Low Wear Rate Pinion Gear
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool: Proprietary Coating on Spool Lip is harder than a Ti coated Stainless Steel Spool Lip, Ceramic Coating on entire spool for extreme corrosion resistance
- Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating on Line Roller
- S A-RB Bearings (Shielded A-RB
- Super Stopper II
- Stopperless Design (No Anti-Reverse Switch
- Fluidrive II & Dyna-Balance
strong drag power, smooth retrieve, strong body
I love it.
But, I should have waited for 2019 Stella SW 14000PG...
Got it home and went out on a charter after some bluefish, about an hour in i hooked up on a nice blue and got it about half way into the boat when my new reel came loose and fetched up in the eye of my rod for a split second before the line snapped and down goes the reel never to be seen again, I feel stupid thinking that I must not have had the rod seat screwed down, then I look at my rod and the foot of the reel IS STILL ATTACHED!!
So before I get into the conversation I just had with Shimano I feel I should give you some details regarding my setup, so Iâ€™m using an ugly stick medium heavy casting rod and 25lb seaguar tatsu fluorocarbon mainline.
So I call shimano, explain what just happened and the rep was like, nope this doesnâ€™t happen to Stellaâ€™s, nothing we can do... I asked to speak with a supervisor and was informed that none were available but he had been working there for 6 years and he could tell me with 100% confidence that itâ€™s not a warranty issue and they would not be able to help...
I asked him how this was not a warranty issue? How this couldnâ€™t be considered a defect in the reel? He said that for it to be a warranty issue the entire product needs to be returned so this could never be considered as a warranty claim. Then told me I must have overstressed the reel and it would not be covered ( how could I possibly have overstressed the reel with a bluefish on 25lb test Fluro )...
I asked if they would at least look at the reel foot to see if they can find any flaws in the material, to which he kind of laughed and said â€œThat makes no sense, why would we do that? What can we tell from a reel foot...â€
So it looks like I have learned a very expensive lesson today, I will never buy another Shimano product again, if a company does not stand behind their products when something goes wrong then why waste your money with them...
Absolutely disgusted with Shimano, canâ€™t believe the arrogance of their customer support reps!
the 20000 landed Tuna to 100lb+ yellow fin no problem, and a 70lb Cubera Snapper along with other fish.
Look, feel, drag gearing, durability all top class
smooth as butter, and as strong as an ox
The stella series are a masterpiece the drag is supoer smooth and has never failed me on any size of reel.
They will probably out live you with proper maintance, which they should for the price!
If you are lookingto get the best reel out there and have it last forever this is the reel for you !
Worth every damn penny
Being versatile for tarpon in the future?
I looked at the Game J rod on-line and it looks like the 4000 with pair up just fine.
You can flounder fish, with this set up no problem.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!