Shimano Terez Conventional Rods
Redesigned for 2019, the new Terez Rods feature Shimano's Spiral-X and Hi-Power X blank construction.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Type||Length||Power||Action||Braided Line Rating||Foregrip Length||Reargrip Length||Gimbal Type||Price|
|Medium Light||Fast||20-50lb||7.2in||13.1in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Medium Heavy||Fast||40-80lb||9.1in||11.7in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Medium Heavy||Extra Fast||40-80lb||9.1in||11.7in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Heavy||Extra Fast||50-150lb||11in||12.6in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Extra Heavy||Fast||65-200lb||11in||12.6in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Extra Heavy||Extra Fast||65-200lb||11in||12.6in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Extra Heavy||Fast||65-200lb||9.1in||12.9in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Extra Extra Heavy||Fast||80-200lb||11in||12.6in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
|Extra Extra Heavy||Extra Fast||80-200lb||11in||12.6in||Aluminum||$299.99 USD|
- The sensitivity of the rods the power and the action is hands down the best
- Modern, Elegant, overall nice build quality and components.
- A little on the expensive side for what you are getting, perhaps a little vulnerable to quick snappy input, while elegant this rod may prove fragile.
- Light and sensitive. Doesn?t feel like your fishing with a telephone pole.
- Great rod for almost every fish
- Nothing I can?t say bad about this rod
The rod feels great paired with my Talica 12. But due to the Covid 19 situation I have not been able to go out and use it. I was all geared up to go White Seabass fishing in March but trip got cancelled.
- Excellent backbone power with the sensitive tip and quality K guides.
- Nice to have a free HD bag covers during traveling to and from.......as a single item purchase of the rods high cost.
- Light, strong, good warranty
- They keep changing the design, and colors too frequently. There were too many combinations and now they are all black. Black is OK. I would like to see a removable butt option with and without roller guides so I could install a winthrop adjustabutt. Also the current composite bent butt is very slippery, It is really light which is good but they will and have fly out of the rod holder on a strike. Make SURE you have a rod tether on your bent butt or you will see $1700 of gear go into the drink.
- light powerful rods.
- Line guides show signs of rust even at the base.
I think that would be a great combo¬†
Hello. I have talica 16 for inshore trolling, and okuma Komodo 400 for casting lures. Occasionally jig with a 100 to 250 gram jig.
Is the shimano terez TZC66H conventional rod the right one? or the XH model?
Fast or extra fast action?
What is the weight of the TZC66H model, is it suitable for casting lures (popper, minnow, walkers)? Is it suitable for fast jigging?
Would you recommend another brand and model of fishing rod?
Just bought a Shimano Talica II 25 Reel and I need a compatible rod. I was thinking of getting the Shimano Terez Conventional Rod 7 Heavy Fast TZC70H, but also was looking at the Shimano Terez Conventional Rod
7 Medium Heavy Fast TZC70MH. Which of the two will you recommend? Or what other rod in this price range will you recommend for the Shimano Talica II 25 Reel?
Which size/power (e.g medium heavy) would go best with an Avet MXL5.3 reel? I would like a little action/bend with the rod as well...
Thank you in advance.
That's really depends on what your fishing for, but a good middle of the road action would be 'M'.¬† The Shimano Terez Conventional rod TZC70M would go nicely with an Avet MXL 5.3 reel, giving you that 'bend' you are looking for.¬† Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with.
The Terez TZC66XXH will pair nicely with an Avet 30 for either trolling or pulling big fish off of wrecks.¬† Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
Would recommend the TZC66H to pair up with a Speedmaster 16:
I have two Talica 16ii. Looking to pair up with the Terez which model would you suggest for bottom fishing for mutton, grouper and possibly slow trolling at times?
Thank you in advance!
Would the TZCX66XH 6‚€™6 X Heavy be a good pair with the Avet JX 6/3 Raptor 2 speed Lever Drag Casting Reel to fish for black fish, cod, Striped Bass, Bluefish, Fluke, Sea Bass, Porgies, Grouper, Amberjack and Snapper? Which size hooks do you recommend? Thank You.
As for hook sizes to target all these species i would recommend a large hook selection, we recommend matching the hook size to the bait used, anywhere from size 1/0 all the way up to 8/0
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!